Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Birth Father Poetry- Feat. Thomas Castleberry

I had the privilege of meeting Thomas and His wife and birth mother, Rayanne, and feel their love for their birth child and the parents they chose. Here's a poem that touch my heart....


The Challenge 

Months of preparation are now a reality.
We held him, looked into his eyes, listen to his coos, loved him
And now...he is no longer with us.
Yesterday was the worst day of our life, hands down.
I know he is loved and will be taken cared for...but,
that knowledge can not take away her pain, 
dry her tears, 
fill the hole in her heart.

She is fractured but I will make sure she doesn't brake.
She is in pain but I will find a way to comfort her.
She fills alone, I will reassure her that this is not the case.
She is lost, I will be her light to find her way home.

With all my good intentions, I can not ease her sorrow.
That fact rips my soul in two.
I must be strong, be her strength.
Only time will mend her wounds.
All I can do is be here for her, wipe her tears, hold her injured heart.

This is our path.
A path of love.
Our sacrifice. 
A sacrifice for the greater good.
We will be part of his life.
We will cherish every fleeting moment with get with him.
They will care for him, protect him.
I will take care for her, protect her...that is my challenge...and I accept it.

-TC

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, child, shoes, tree, grass, plant, outdoor and nature

this is their birth son! Just turned 2! What a joy

No comments: