Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Sunday, April 11, 2010

FYI [ adoptive parents [ parent profiles [ adopting couples

Just so you know...
We are not your typical adoptive couple with a long drawn out sob story of how we are so destitute to have a child and how much we need you to choose us. We are not Baby Hoarders who just want to grab up all the adoptable kids of the world like all the Hollywood stars out there either. We are not here to convince anyone that we are perfect in every way and put on a front for you.

We are ,however, depending upon an amazing person to recognize what her heart is telling her. If we are the Right fit for your baby, then so be it. We are putting our Trust In God and having Faith that each one of our miracles will come into our family the way He intended them to. Thats just what we know, deep in our hearts and we will treasure each child as our own.

Whatever baby comes into our home will be surrounded with love and kisses and MANY cousins and 2nd cousins and grandmas and grandpas! In my side of the family there are 6 adopted GRANKIDS( Brielle being 1 of them) under my Grandma. And 2 adopted Fathers (Brandon being one of those) and 2 of my cousins have actually placed babies for adoption themselves. We do not believe that inter-family adoptions work out very well. Usually, someone ends up hurt or the pain is dragged on come reunion time each year. I am so inspired by my 2 cousins and 3 of my friends who placed babies when they were younger as well.

My girls have LOTS of friends who are adopted as well. 4 of which we see on a weekly basis! Brielle is proud that she is adopted and knows who her tummy mommy is and loves her very much. As we move, i know the separation will be somewhat difficult but, also necessary. Now that Brielle is 4, it's time to let her decide when she wants to see her birthmom. We absolutely love Brielle's Biological family so very much as well! They are our angels and friends! We are so lucky!

Here's a song I wrote before we adopted Brielle, mixed in with some of my photography.
It's entitled: My Heart Aches for You!


My Heart Aches for You
Little Child

I wonder when I’ll see you

With your tender, tiny smile


I’ve prayed and fasted

For compassion from someone

That they might know my need

For a daughter or a son.


I know God’s listening

And He can hear my plea

To have a baby for our own

And join our family.

My heart cries out to you

Father above

I wonder when you’ll answer

So we can heal with love

I’ve prayed each sleepless night

To hold a baby oh, so near

I hope that one so great

Can relieve all of my fear


I know God’s listening

And He can hear our plea

To have a baby for our own

And join our Forever family!

My heart breaks for you

Who’ll place your baby with me

I’ll look into your eyes

And I’ll begin to see


How God felt, as He

Gave up His only Son

To suffer for our sins

And to redeem everyone


I know now from listening

And from my trials too

That Our Father loves us all

And he brought me to you