Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Thursday, July 23, 2015

The "HYBRID" family!?!

This post goes out to ALL the HYBRID families out there!  Don't know what that means? Here's a Run down...

us last May 2015

 Definition of HYBRID

1
:  an offspring of two animals or plants of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera
2
:  a person whose background is a blend of two diverse cultures or traditions
 
Grandpa Max feeding Gavin on the
Orchard when he was 2
SO, In HYBRID families- you have this amazing vast diversity of gene pools in your children who come from two different sets of parents!  Def. #2 is my FAV-  because My children Do have two diverse cultures- their birth family cultures/ mannerisms/ nuances/ genes and ours! 
 
The funny way I like to tease people about how our family was created is by saying " I have 4 children by three different fathers........( long pause) and THREE different Mothers too! " It gets them every time! 
 
 
Then I get to talk about How Cool Open Adoption Is and how we have this amazing relationship with those involved. I talk about birth grandparents/ uncles etc. It is so complex but, So The Norm for us!
 
 
Uncle Josh with the boys giving him the Rings
for Dustin and Sarah's Wedding
The term I prefer to Best call my crazy Crew is just Good Ole' FAMILY!
 
 I tell people my Family is coming or I'm going to see my family b/c sometimes I just don't care to explain to them all the culture of my family or give them a lesson on adoption terms every single time. But, often I do share and at times I do not, as to protect and shield my kids away from rude or uneducated commentators.
 
So, yeah My family is a made up of different varieties of genes/ characteristic/ people and I LOVE IT! I love everything about our Big Crazy Open Adoption Family! We ROCK!
 
 
 
We CAN NOT WAIT to see what God Brings our Way in our next adoption and hopefully the amazing family that comes with her birth parents. We are seeking to find our missing piece to our family puzzle! Our life will not be complete without her! Till then, we carry on!
 
 
 

No comments: