Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A fabulous article


read right here about adoption statistics.
I've been soo busy editing photos lately. I have had little time to blog or even edit my own photos. I FOUND my LOST 4gb card ( finally so, i will have to post a few flashback fridays to play catch-up).

I have been trying new recipes using NO EGGS or yeast , as my newly found allergies are something I'm conquering- one day at a time. waffles are awful without eggs but, pancakes are great! ( thanks to krusteaz and bisquick) i still need to find a good binding agent or egg substitute.

The girls are LOVING the holiday season and are stoked for Christmas. My older brother , Todd, will be flying up here for Christmas and I am more than thrilled. Brandon is doing fabulous and selling the Dickens out of the homes here. Real estate has been treating him more than well. I always knew he'd LOVE this profession and he doesn't miss lending one bit!!! 'm very proud of my man! He' so incredible and so very driven.
On a somewhat sad and personal note: I've experienced some bad news about a friend of a friend this week- had to make some calls to DCFS and i also had an early miscarriage. You see, it's not that I can't get pregnant- it's just hard for me to carry them, as well as get pregnant in the first place.
I have been married 8.5 years, pregnant 3 times, carried to term 1 time( Aria) and otherwise i don't ovulate more than 6 times a year. Most of those being an-ovulatory cycles( meaning there's no egg present- just endometrium lining- PCOS) So, it's about a 2% chance every year. Just so you know. (Otherwise known as slim to none)
Yes, i did have a baby once. It doesn't mean i can again. And if you have read this blog or our bios, you'd know that adoption has always been part of our plan for our family- from day one.
We are awaiting another miracle- adoption #2 and child #3. It's sad that some people won't even look at a family if they were able to birth even one child. I feel blessed to have adopted once and birthed once. It makes me appreciate birthmoms much more. I KNOW what labor can be like and I am aware of the difficulties of it all. I love you even more for it- sweet birth parents!

A few days ago, Brandon and i were looking out our window while the girls ran out into the cold to stare at the Christmas lights on the house, and he got all choked up looking at them and said " We are so blessed with these girls and i can't wait till we can have another child. It will be so cool to see how it all happens too!"

~C


*pic of Karsten- a client of mine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with adoption, although my son is adopted and we love the plan adoption has for families. I noticed in your post that you have an egg allergy. I have a friend with a son who has the same allergy. She uses a product called Egg Replacer by ENERG (written so it looks like energy). I have used it for baking and it's awesome. Hope that helps.

A Life Being Lived said...

I am so, so sorry for your pregnancy loss. I can't wait for your family to grow either, and as a birthmom I know that it's not all that unusual for things to pick up at lightening speed when things start to "click into motion". (I found and decided on my daughter's parents a month before she was born- no earlier) I know that won't take your pain away but I'm thinking of you and wishing you hope and healing.