Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our Adoption Story Part 3

That night ( april 9th) I got home and to my surprise- we had an email from her! I had asked her what had made her want to contact us, in particular. Her response was something like .... there's not ONE thing that drew me to you guys it was a bunch of things and i kept thinking about these 2 blond girls with big red flowers in their hair and i would always go look at your blog and profile. I figured I'd better do something about it if I kept returning to the same family...

I was SO relieved to know that 1. she was NOT a mis-directed email & 2. she was a living person and is really quite awesome!

I could go on and on about our many emails that led to texting and then one day about 2 weeks later, WE made the first CALL to chat! During all that time, Brandon would hound me with excitement about checking our email and he'd read through the texts and sometimes even text her. Come to find out- they have a very similar sense of humor, like brother and sister!!!

So, when Jessica and I did talk, It was super comfortable and easy to just open up. Even with the BOMB I dropped on her! I just laid it out there that , We felt impressed to continue into foster care and would only wait until we had to, if she decided to place with us. I asked her how she would feel if we would foster/ adopt a child older than her son but younger than Aria while her baby would be still very young. To my amazement she said: " I think it's cool and i have 2 sisters that are the same ages and a big family so, if that's how you feel you need to go, to grow your family- go for it. Not like a baby would know the birth order at such a young age"

I asked her if she feared a FC kid may lash out on her baby. She said " well, you guys are good parents, I know he will be fine and it's not like you'd be fostering a child you couldn't handle"

All this time Jessica had NOT told us that she wanted to selected us so, we were still very much in the dark, Until THE CALL from KELLY S!

He had called a few times that April Day and finally, I got back to him and He told me why our profile was down and that we were on a soft hold b/c He wanted to have us be the CRADLE CARE family- Oh, and could we come down today and pick up a baby girl???

Which we did! H was a JOY to have for a week! What a DOLL! We had been planning to see Jessica the weekend after we got H so, during that week I asked J all kinds of ?'s about How she would feel if we adopted 2 children around the same ages? She yet again STUNNED me and said " YOU WILL BE SO TIRED BUT, THAT WOULD BE COOL WITH ME!"

What trust she has in US and we hadn't even met yet! So, the following Wednesday, April 27th, we brought H back to the Agency and i cried all the way home but, the light at the end of that tunnel was that we were going to UT that weekend to meet an amazing woman who, so far, pretty much thought we were pure awesomeness! ( okay a slight exaggeration)

2 comments:

The Dell Family said...

I can't wait to read more!!!

A Life Being Lived said...

My heart is smiling for you guys!!!!