Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Adoption Quotes


one of the FSA chapters was looking for quotes on adoption and I liked these ones:)Just wanted to share. I do think she should have had some quotes from birth mothers though. I will post some of those later.

“I didn’t give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so. For us to have each other Is like a dream come true. No, I didn’t give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you.” – Unknown

“Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy’s heart instead of her tummy.”
– Unknown

“Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone,
but still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
you didn’t grow under my heart, but in it.”
– Unknown


It may sound cheesy and cliche but We have that growing feeling in our hearts for our future child already. Brandon and i wonder and chat daily about this tiny person and the "package" they will come in/with! He, not having an open adoption, wonders if our future child with have a neat birth family too. But He wonders if we might be putting too much pressure on the whole
" we'd love a very open adoption" sentiments when , in fact, our future birth mom may not be ready for that. But, when she is, we will be ready! So, readers, or people checking us out- NO pressure- we want what you want when it comes to openness:)

No comments: