Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Our Family ~ Nov 2017

Monday, February 14, 2011

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...

Our Daughter's Birth Grandparents and Birth family!
Today Grandpa Phil & Grandma Dawn sent us some See's Valentine's treats!!! It was so unexpected and the girls and myself were so excited and I have to just say a public THANK YOU to them. Not Only Is Kara ( b's BM) in our lives but, her WHOLE family is and it makes me choke up thinking about how different our lives would be if we had chosen semi-open or even closed adoption.
I am so glad we will not choose those with any designated (where someone chooses us) placement we may have. I know that I can't expect the same relationship with our future placements but, i am not going to lie... I HOPE that we will get to build strong loving bonds with our future birthmom and her family. I'd love to see the birth father's side too- if that is at all possible but, not to the detriment of our amazing future birth mom, of course:)

I know that VERY OPEN adoptions are not for everyone. I just know that Brandon and I are VERY secure in our love and our family and lifestyle and being open does not seem unnatural to us. It's our NORM and I'm glad for that. Being that it's Valentine's; We want to tell our families and birth families...
WE LOVE YOU ALL! You mean the world to us and we are so grateful for all you have supported us through and for all your love and kindness. We are so blessed to have the families and relationships that we do! Happy day of LOVE everyone!

(On a crazy note: V D also stands for something nasty- so single peeps reading this- please avoid getting one of those this V- Day!-tee hee)

No comments: